In our classroom we are:
- unfreezing the characters in our writing
- using tally marks to create a graph
- creating and solving number stories
- filling up our reader's backpack with strategies we can use
- observing and comparing caterpillars and moth larve
- wondering about the acorns in the school yard and how they may change
- adding soil to the first grade garden that we made in our compost bin
- using our social smarts
- building our reading stamina
- practicing math fact fluency by playing around the world
Important October Dates
Keeping track of our thinking in our Science journals.
Letting the butterflies go!
Playing with snacks.
Creating Seals out of clay!
We predicted what would decay first.
We touched the very slimy banana peel and apple slices. The only part of the peach left was the seed!
We used the compost to add to the soil in the first grade garden.